Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jinja


We went swimming in the Nile! Absolutely gorgeous. Although I'm pretty sure we saw a crocodile in the water... Luckily we were out of the water when we noticed the creature. We didn't go back in after that because we were too afraid haha. This was one of the most relaxing trips I've ever been on. Even though our trip was just a couple of days, it was great to get away and explore. 




Another great part about this trip was the food. We ate directly over looking the river. I had a typical breakfast I'd normally eat at home: granola, bananas and yogurt... It was incredibly satisfying... I cannot stop thinking about it. But we're back at the orphanage with the Uganda food. Which don't get me wrong, it's absolutely delicious! Just sickening after you eat it 3 times a day... everyday... I also had delicious spring rolls in Jinja that were only 2,500 UGX! Equivalent to $1 CAN!! Ridiculously cheap! And that restaurant had wifi! That was a first! 

1 comment:

  1. i dont know how you managed to swim with crocodiles...but you did. thats another thing off the bucket list

    ReplyDelete