Friday, October 5, 2012

I Hate Titles

At what point does your body begin to acclimatize? I've been in Africa for 3 weeks and the heat is still torture. Like today, it's only 10:30am and I'm beginning to sweat. I packed over 5 long sleeves but so far I have only worn 1. Some days I will wear shorts and a tank in the morning, and go to sleep with them because the temperature is still warm. The other day at 9am I was working in the garden and the temperature was comparable to Vancouver's 2pm on a hot sunny day. But we are now entering the rainy season so things may change. In rainy season it can be excruciatingly hot at one moment and then rain storm the next. The rain storms can be nice if you're under shelter. It's a nice loud, aggressive kind of peace (if that even makes sense). Currently the temperature is continuing to heat up, and with my Ugandan senses I predict it is going to rain. I am going to grab some more water and a cold drink before I head back to the orphanage soon.

Currently they are playing Sometimes - Britney Spears at the internet cafe. Nostalgic much?

Tomorrow is Parent's Day at the orphanage. I am excited to meet some of the kids families, which I'm sure the kids are extremely excited about too. Unfortunately the kids are not allowed to leave the orphanage grounds. Which I cannot imagine because only after a full day at the orphanage I get restless and need to leave or do something. Sometimes I crave a run. But the roads and fields here not smooth enough to run on so I run around our dining porch. The kids just stare and laugh at me, but I've gotten use to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment